The Berkshires Blog

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

NAMING THE BUNKS

Last year, I was at Camp for Labor Day, and was lucky enough to stay in what I believe is being called "new staff housing," right near the B-side softball field and the girls' kikar, down the road from Beit Gesher. As soon as I saw these four-star accommodations, private rooms with overhead fans and carpeting, I decreed that thenceforth, the bunk should be called "The Excelsior."

Which got me thinking...why not rename all the bunks in Camp according to a theme? Instead of "Oh, are you in B-14? I'm in B-25" wouldn't it be more exciting to say "Oh, are you in Cosmopolitan? I'm in Margarita"?

Maybe drink names is the wrong way to go. But you get the point. Maybe cities in Israel? Classic TV sitcoms? Tractates of the Talmud? Hotel names? Hebrew animals?

Weigh in with your thoughts, and I'll give it some thought over this Labor Day weekend. Discussion to continue on my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home